Reflection 2


I think what I learned from this week was that it is important to listen to your body but also always showing up. Despite my lack of energy some days, I decided to focus on mobility exercises to warm up my muscles. Rolling out my back, quads, IT band, and hamstrings helped me loosen up and prepare for the day. While I initially intended to do a full back workout, my sickness stopped me from pushing further. Listening to my body and adapting my routine was important to prevent any injuries in my recovery.

Another notable workout session involved a strategic decision based on an event. With the Lakes Region Championship for golf, I wisely chose to prioritize leg exercises to avoid upper body soreness during the competition. Before hitting the weights, I dedicated time to mobility and stretching, particularly focusing on my hip area. By following a YouTube video, I incorporated various movements that targeted tight hip flexors due to past injuries. Squats, lunges, and hamstring curls were the main exercises I performed, gradually increasing the weights. Finally, I finished with sled pushes, an intense yet rewarding way to challenge my lower body strength.

In contrast to my usual routine, one particular day stands out as I prepared for my hometown's prom. Although I wasn't on campus, I made it a priority to visit the gym before the event. Feeling confident and energized, I decided to focus on my chest and triceps. After warming up my back with lat pulldowns, I proceeded to do dumbbell bench presses, progressively increasing the weights and achieving personal milestones of 110-pound and 90-pound dumbbells. Incline dumbbell bench presses and shoulder presses on the dip machine followed, providing an all-around upper body workout. Completing the routine with tricep extensions left me feeling accomplished and ready for the prom.

These journal entries remind me of the importance of adaptability in my fitness journey. Whether it's adjusting my workout to make up for a lack of energy or making strategic choices to optimize performance during upcoming events, listening to my body and setting realistic goals is crucial. Incorporating mobility exercises, such as rolling out and following along with YouTube videos, has been beneficial in preparing my muscles and preventing injuries. Additionally, focusing on different muscle groups on different days allows for balanced growth and prevents overexertion. Overall, these reflections highlight the value of flexibility and mindfulness in achieving long-term fitness goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog